Shop All Molecular Biology Reagents and Kits
Advantages of the PureLink Expi Endotoxin-Free Maxi Plasmid Purification Kit include:
• Simple and fast protocol—purification typically takes 90 minutes
• High yield—isolate up to 1.5 mg of high quality plasmid DNA
• Endotoxin-free plasmid—<0.1 EU/µg, ideal for sensitive applications
• High purity—ultralow levels of protein, RNA, and genomic DNA contamination
• Compatibility—suitable for use with ExpiCHO and Expi293 expression systems
• Endotoxin-free components— elution buffer, water, and plasmid storage tubes that are free of endotoxin
Simple and fast protocol
Unlike other anion-exchange-based endotoxin-free plasmid purification systems, the PureLink Expi Endotoxin-Free Maxi Plasmid Purification Kit utilizes centrifugation- or vacuum-assisted filtration for lysate clarification and subsequent plasmid DNA purification. There is no waiting for gravity-flow columns and the entire purification typically takes 90 minutes (including the final precipitation step).
Purify endotoxin-free (<0.1 EU/µg) plasmid that is ideal for sensitive applications such as transfection of primary cells, genome engineering, and research on gene therapy or plasmid vaccines in vivo.
Compatible with ExpiCHO and Expi293 expression systems
Plasmid purified using the PureLink Expi Endotoxin-Free Maxi Plasmid Purification Kit is fully compatible with the Gibco ExpiCHO and Expi293 transient mammalian expression systems.
Superior quality with endotoxin-free components
Rest assured that the kit is of high quality and has additional endotoxin-free elution buffer, water, and plasmid storage tubes for added peace of mind.
mRNA Catcher™ PLUS Purification Kit Invitrogen™
• Robust performance—high binding capacity per well (>80 ng/well)
• Reproducible results—low CVs from well-to-well and plate-to-plate (~2%)
• Optimized protocols—for small sample sizes (100 cells, 4 mg tissue, and 40 µL blood)
• Compatible plate design—may be used with most PCR cyclers
How it works
mRNA from total RNA, cells, tissue, and blood samples is hybridized to an immobilized, single-stranded 20-mer oligo(dT)-containing LNA. The incorporation of LNA into the oligo probe increases the hybridization efficiency and specificity of the mRNA binding. The mRNA can either be eluted or directly reversed-transcribed to cDNA directly in the well. The mRNA Catcher™ PLUS method does not require centrifugation, precipitation, phase separation, or column filtration. In addition, the entire method is amenable to automation for streamlined, high-throughput expression profiling for large-scale processes. Isolated mRNA is suitable for use in downstream applications such as RT-PCR and qRT-PCR.
PureLink™ Expi Endotoxin-Free Buffer Set Invitrogen™
Lysis Buffer for MagJET Viral Kit Thermo Scientific™
RNAlater™ Stabilization Solution with Manual Invitrogen™
• Effectiveness—stabilize RNA for 1 day at 37°C, 1 week at 25°C, 1 month at 4°C, or indefinitely at -20°C
• Simplicity—a single reagent that immediately inactivates RNases and stabilizes RNA within tissues or cells
• Convenience—no need to freeze samples in liquid nitrogen or rush samples back to the lab freezer
• Mobility—perfect for tissue collection 'in the field'
• Versatility—compatible with many RNA isolation procedures, including most RNA isolation kits
RNAlater RNA Stabilization Solution has been tested on a variety of mammalian tissues, plants, E. coli, Xenopus, fish, and Drosophila. It is ideal for:
• Protecting RNA integrity in tissues rich in RNases
• Collecting samples from different time points without having to process the samples from each time point immediately
• Archiving tissues for future microdissection
• Submerging animal cavities or organs to stabilize RNA during lengthy dissection procedures
• Collecting samples at locations (e.g., hospitals, field sites, the space shuttle) where immediate RNA isolation is not possible
• Shipping samples on wet ice or even at room temperature if shipped overnight
RNAlater RNA Stabilization Solution procedure
The dissected tissue (less than 0.5 cm in any one dimension) is simply submerged in approximately 5 volumes of RNAlater solution at room temperature. The solution permeates the cells, stabilizing the RNA. The sample can then be stored indefinitely at -20°C (the tissue does not freeze), at 4°C for up to a month, or at 25°C for up to a week. For RNA isolation, the tissue is simply removed from RNAlater solution and treated as though it had just been harvested. Most tissues can be transferred directly to a lysis buffer and homogenized. Samples treated with RNAlater solution and then frozen can be ground with mortar and pestle or thawed and processed like fresh tissue without concern for cell rupture and release of RNases since the RNases have already been inactivated. Cells can be spun out and then added to lysis buffer, or in some cases, RNAlater solution can be added along with the cells directly to the lysis buffer.
Compatible with a variety of procedures
RNAlater RNA Stabilization Solution is compatible with one-step RNA isolation methods, such as TRIzol Reagent; with glass binding methods such as Qiagen's RNeasy or the Ambion RNAqueous kit; with acid phenol extraction methods such as the Ambion ToTALLY RNA kit; and with methods that use oligo(dT) selection of mRNA, such as the Ambion Poly(A)Purist™ kit. In-house research, as well recently published independent research, indicates that the use of RNAlater RNA Stabilization Solution for tissue storage does not affect the outcome of subsequent RNA expression analysis experiments compared to other processing methods.
Wash Buffer 1 for MagJET Viral Kit (concentrated) Thermo Scientific™
In addition to the BioEase™ tag, the Champion™ pET104-DEST vector includes the following features:
• attR sites for efficient recombination with any attL-flanked Gateway® entry vector
• The T7lac bacteriophage promoter for high-level expression of the recombinant fusion protein
• An enterokinase cleavage site for removal of the N-terminal BioEase™ fusion tag
KingFisher™ Plastics for 96 deep-well format Thermo Scientific™
mRNA Catcher™PLUS Buffers Invitrogen™
ViewRNA™ Tissue Assay Blue Module Invitrogen™
This VewRNA Tissue Assay Blue Module is designed for use with the ViewRNA Tissue Assay Core Kit. The Core Kit, when combined with a ViewRNA Tissue probe set (purchased separately), enables the detection of a single mRNA target in tissue sections using the Fast Red substrate. The ViewRNA Tissue Assay Blue Module enables the detection of a second mRNA target using the Fast Blue substrate and must be used in combination with the Core Kit and two probes sets in order to run a 2-plex assay. Each kit contains sufficient reagents to process a minimum of six slides at a time. ViewRNA TYPE 1 probe sets are for use with the Fast Red substrate (Core Kit), while ViewRNA TYPE 6 probe sets are for use with the Fast Blue substrate (Blue Module).
ViewRNA Tissue assays are RNA in situ hybridization (ISH) assays for the reliable detection of one or two mRNA targets within tissue sections. Visualize any gene in any tissue with single-copy sensitivity and no radioactivity. And in case your needs are not met by one of our 6500 catalog probe sets, we have decades of bioinformatics expertise and will design custom probe sets to any mRNA target of interest, free of charge.
With ViewRNA Tissue assays, you can achieve:
• Robust, single mRNA molecule detection in tissue sections
• Accuracy and specificity inherent to branched DNA amplification technologies
• Simultaneous detection of two RNA targets
The ViewRNA Tissue Assay is compatible with formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. Whereas traditional ISH technologies often amplify both signal and background, ViewRNA assays use branched DNA (bDNA) technology to amplify target-specific signal and achieve superior signal-to-noise ratios.
NUCLEIC-CARD™ matrix, 2 spots Thermo Scientific™
• Enables direct PCR amplification from a card punch, eliminating extraction steps
• Facilitates high quality STR profiles with Applied Biosystems direct PCR amplification kits
• Certified free of DNase, Rnase, and amplifiable human DNA
• Prevents growth of microorganisms, enabling long-term room temperature storage
• Easily automated with commercially-available punching systems to minimize manual handling and maximize sample integrity
For Forensic or Paternity Use Only.
NUCLEIC-CARD is a trademark of Copan Flock Technologies.
SuperScript™ IV Reverse Transcriptase Invitrogen™
SuperScript® IV RT is the top choice for all RT-PCR and qRT-PCR applications in the SuperScript® product family. We recommend it especially when reproducibility and reliability is the primary concern and when inhibitors in the RNA sample may interfere with cDNA synthesis, leading to biases in gene expression studies.
Features of SuperScript® IV Reverse Transcriptase include:
• Significantly improved resistance to a variety of inhibitors that can interfere with cDNA synthesis
• Robust and specific cDNA synthesis in a wide range of sample types
• A faster reverse transcriptase reaction that reduces the incubation time from >50 minutes to 10 minutes
• Significantly better processivity compared to SuperScript® III RT
Purified from E. coli expressing the pol gene of M-MLV, modified to increase thermostability and half-life, processivity, inhibitor resistance and to reduce RNase H activity.
Performance and quality testing
Endodeoxyribonuclease, exodeoxyribonuclease, and ribonuclease assays; and yield and length of cDNA product.
One unit of SuperScript® IV RT is the amount of enzyme required to incorporate 1 nmole of deoxyribonucleotide into acid-precipitable material in 10 min at 37°C using poly(A) oligo(dT)12-18 as a template/primer.
Unit reaction conditions
50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.3), 4 mM MgCl2, 10 mM DTT, 50 mM KCl, 0.5 mM dTTP, 0.4 MBq/mL [3H]-dTTP, 0.4 mM poly(A) oligo (dT)12-18 and enzyme in 20 μl for 10 min at 37°C.
Carboxyl Latex Beads, 4% w/v, 0.02 µm Invitrogen™
The carboxyl latex consists of carboxyl charge-stabilized hydrophobic polystyrene microspheres. Only carboxyl groups are present on the particle surface. The particles are the carboxyl analog of the sulfate latexes. The pKa of the carboxyl group is relatively high, and consequently these particles are not suitable for work in acidic media. IDC carboxyl latexes are available in a range of sizes and surface charge densities. They may be used either for physical adsorption of antigens or antibodies, or for covalent coupling of components to the particle surface.
Microspheres Are Available in Many Sizes and Surface Functionalities
• 25 sizes to choose from—0.02 microns to 16 microns
• 20 different surface—for ready conjugation to virtually any material
• Surfactant free—ultraclean
• Various quantities—from milliliter to 500-liter amounts
Key Applications of Microspheres
• Instrument calibration (flow cytometry, microscopy, HTS, HCS)
• Flow testing (microfluidics, blood flow, water flow, and air flow)
• Cell biology tracers (cell differentiation and cell tracing)
• Immunoassays (agglutination tests, ELISA, particle capture, and contrast reagents)
Get More Information
Read a technical overview of microspheres and find out about high activity beads, super active beads, specialty beads, and review bead-coupling protocols on the IDC Surfactant-free Latex Beads application page.
We’ll Make a Custom Microsphere Product for You
If you don’t see the microsphere you’re looking for in our stocked list, we’ll make a custom microsphere for you. Our custom conjugation service is efficient and confidential, and we guarantee the quality of our work. We are ISO 9001:2000 certified.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
? Time-saving expression bacmid—With the Bac-to-Bac system, the expression cassette of the pFastBac vector recombines with the parent bacmid in DH10Bac E. coli Competent Cells to form an expression bacmid. The bacmid is then transfected into insect cells for production of recombinant baculovirus particles.
? Easy colony screening—The parent bacmid in DH10Bac E. coli contains a segment of the lacZa gene. The lacZa gene is disrupted upon transposition of the expression cassette into the bacmid, allowing for blue/white selection of recombinants for easier identification of recombinant colonies.
? High transfection efficiency with ExpiFectamine Sf Transfection Reagent—The Bac-to-Bac TOPO expression kits now come with the next-generation ExpiFectamine Sf Transfection Reagent for efficient DNA transfection in insect cells using fast, flexible protocols. Find out more about this reagent ›
? Flexibility—The Bac-to-Bac system comes with a pFastBac vector that contains a large multiple cloning site (MCS) for simplified cloning. Two additional vector formats are offered separately: pFastBac HT vector for production of histidine-tagged recombinant proteins and pFastBac Dual vector for expression of two proteins simultaneously using the p10 and polyhedrin promoters.
? High protein expression—The pFastBac vector uses the strong polyhedrin promoter to generate high levels of expression in a variety of insect cell line such as Sf9, Sf21, and High Five cells.